Search This Blog

Saturday 25 June 2016

Profiles of the newly invested mosignori

Chuka Emma Ugwu was born on the seventh day of the seventh month, 1950. He hails from Obollo-Afor in Udenu Local Government of Enugu State. His late parents were Pa James and Apollonia Ugwu. He is the fourth child in a family of eight siblings.

Emma Ugwu attended Holy Redeemer Primary School Nru Nsukka. His junior Seminary studies began at Awhum and later at St. John Cross Seminary Nsukka. During the civil war he attended St. Peter Claver Okpuala and All Hallows Seminary sojourning at Ukpor and later finished in St. John Cross Seminary in 1972. He attended Bigard Memorial Seminary from 1973 to 1980 and was ordained in 1980.

His ordination took place on the 26th of July 1980 through the hands of Most Rev. Dr. Michael Ugwu Eneja at the Holy Ghost Cathedral in Enugu.

In 1981 he became the Bursar at the Bigard Memorial Seminary until 1984. After Bigard he was appointed the parish priest of St. James Parish Aku for two years. His further studies began in 1986 through a scholarship granted to the diocese by Monsignor Josef Lammerhuber and the Catholic Community of St. Georgen am Ybbsfelde in Lower Austria. His studies ended with doctor of Theology in Moral theology from the Paris Lodron University Salzburg Austria.
Chuka Emma Ugwu came back to Nigeria in 1992 and has worked in several Parishes. He also had some important functions as Chancellor of finance and member in various committee of the Catholic Diocese of Nsukka.

He is currently the Diocesan Chaplain of the Catholic Women Organization and Nnemuruoha. Mosignor Chuka Emmanuel Ugwu is also the General Manager of Kenechukwu Microfinance Bank, a financial institution promoted by the Catholic Diocese of Nsukka.
Very Rev. Msgr. Emmanuel Chuka  Ugwu
In residence St. Paul's Catholic Church
EDE-OBALLA




Born in 1947, Monsignor Ngwoke was ordained a priest on Dec. 8. 1974. He did his ecclesiastical studies first here in Nigeria and later in Rome where he majored in Canon and Civil Law, in Lateran University. Since his ordination, Monsignor Ngwoke has served the church and the state in several capacities as follows:
Ø Assistant diocesan Secretary 1975 -1978
Ø Judge - Enugu Diocesan Marriage tribunal 1984 – 1989
Ø Lecturer Bigard Memorial Seminary Enugu. 1984 – 1989
Ø Rector Bigard Memorial Seminary Enugu 1989 -  1992
Ø Federal Public Complaint Commissioner Enugu State 1992 – 1998
Ø 2nd Vicar General –Cath. Diocese of Nsukka 1998 – 2012
Ø Deputy Vice Chancellor –Modonna University Okija 2002 – 2012
Ø Member, Modonna University Governing Council 2005 – 2012
Ø Member, Caritas University Governing Council 2005 - 2012


Msgr. Ngwoke is a scholar with a number of books and articles to his record. He has attended several academic conferences at home and abroad and once represented his bishop in a “Catholic Bishop's Conference of West African Bishops in Ghana in 1998. Msgr. Ngwoke was as, Vicar general, also the Parish Priest of St. Patrick's Parish Obollo-Afor, and is currently the Parish Priest of St. Michael's Parish Edem.

BORN: 23/4/1944
TRIBE OF ORIGIN: Igbo
VILLAGE: Amankwo
TOWN: Lejja
LOCAL GOVT: Nsukka

STATE: Enugu

PARENTS
FATHER: Late, Joseph Ugwuamagu Nwamujiri Dine. Two wives before conversion.
MOTHER: Late Ann, Oliefi Uroko Nwamujiri Dine;
CHILDREN:
FIRST WIFE: Five children, four boys and one girl, two boys dead, two boys and one girl alive all of one
mother.
SECOND WIFE: One child surviving later with many children.
PARENTS RELIGION: Father; Traditional Religion to the core but baptized. He infused the sense of Religion
into me and I picked it up from there and began to develop it.
Mother; Baptized as she accepted Christian Religion.

HOBBIES AS A SMALL BOY: Playing football, hunting squirrels, pasturing cows, farming with friends and
parents before going to school. At school I developed football playing; drama and storytelling.

PLANTING AND WATERING VOCATION: Beside my father's specialization in A.T.R. and his serious self
involvement in his religion, other people influenced my desire to answer God's call: Late Very Msgr.
Raphael Eze of blessed memory introduced me into the primary school by convincing my father to see the
need for me to go to school instead of pasturing cows in the wilderness Agu Ndeagu Amankwo. He equally
rekindled my desire to enter the vocation to the priesthood by following and serving his Masses later on.
Late John Ugwuanyi, my godfather in my village also played a basic role of being truthful, prayerful
and creating Christian atmosphere in a village full of idol worship, hatred and division. He impressed me
as light next to Msgr. Raphael Eze in the Village.

MY TEACHERS IN SCHOOL: like Late Cyprian Ude of Amankwo Eke who was my head master in St. Thomas
Ohodo and my manager of schools Rev. Fr. Bernard Heerey who loved me for being a good footballer,
promised to give me an appointment as a teacher for one year to enable me buy prospectus to enter the
Junior Seminary. He was enchanted because of the performances in football and other activities.
Late Mark Nwugwu nweruka who gave me money for transport to seminary, Simeon Ugwuanyi and
Paul Ugwuarigo all did encourage me to go on in the Seminary. May God Rest them in Peace. Amen.

PRIMARY SCHOOLS ATTENDED:
St. Raphael's School Lejja: 1949 -1950.
St. Peter School Ukehe - Idoha new School: 1950 - 1951.
St. Raphael's School Lejja again: 1951- 1957.
St. Thomas School Ohodo 1958 - 1959.
AS A C.D. TEACHER: 
St. Mary's school lhealumona 1959. 
Opened St. Michael's school Agbamere 1959 -1960 (Nigeria Independence). 

IN THE SEMINARIES: 
1. ALL HALLOWS SEMINARY ONITSHA: 1961-1965. 
TEACHING APOSTOLATE IN IWOLO TEACHERS TRAINING BEFORE ENTERING BIGARD ENUGU: 1965 -1966. 

BIGARD MEMORIAL SEMINARY: 1966 - 1973.

Interruption of civil war: 
Philosophy one Amigbo Secondary school: 1967 - 1968.

Philosophy two Amino Secondary School Arnakohia: 1968 -1969. 
two transferred to Affaghobon Junior Seminary: 1968 -1969. 
Theology one Awommama Seminary: 1970 - end of the Nigerian Biafran civil war. 
Then back to Bigard in Enugu: 1970 - 1973. 

PASTORAL EXPERIENCES BEFORE OVERSEAS STUDIES: 
1973 -1974 St. Mary's Parish Nimbo and Holy Cross Parish Umulokpa. 
1974 -1977 St. Mary's Parish Nimbo apart from Ayamerem Parish. 
1977 -1978 Administrator in Holy Ghost Cathedral Enugu before further studies. 
1978 - 1983 Further studies in Europe. 

IN EUROPE: 
Institutions attended; 
I. St. John Lateran University High Institute of moral Theology (Academia Alfonsianum) Rome. 
II. Anthonianum, Institute of education, Rome. 
III.German Language Course with Diploma in the institute of international Language Centre 
Machenheimealle Bonn, Western Germany. 
IV.  Italian Language course -Imola - Bologna - Italy. 

OTHER CERTIFICATES INCLUDE: 
1. School leaving certificate. 
2. G.C.E. London. 
3. B.A. Philosophy Lateran University. 
4. B.D. Theology  Lateran University 
 5. Diploma in Education Antonianum, Rome 
6. Doctorate in moral theology in Academia Alfonsianum Lateran University Rome.

SERVICE AFTER STUDIES 
1. In the then Enugu Diocese - Dean of Nsukka Deanery 1985 as the P. Priest of St. Mary's Parish 
Ibagwa - Aka. 
2. The organizer of Nsukka Deanery in preparation for the new diocese in Nsukka. 
3. The Leaders of some Parishes that worked with the Dean as far as can be remembered are; Sir . 
Patrick Orneja, Nne Muruoha Theresa Eze, Mr. Obeta of Iheaka, Rev. Fr. Ushi , Sir. Ambrose Okoye 
Uzu. e.t.c. 
Bishop Eneja of blessed memory demanded several reports in preparation for the creation of 
Nsukka Diocese. Bishop was meticulous about involving every Christian in the preparation - from 
pious society to Zones, Stations to parishes of different Local Government areas. 
4. POSITIONS HELD: 
a} Parish priest in St. Mary's Ibagwa - Aka: - 1983 -1995. 
b} In residence at Ihakpu - Awka : - 1995 - 2000. 
c} Ascension Parish Iheakpu Awka : - 1994 - 2002. 
d} Principal lheakpu Awka Community Sec. School: - 1995 - 2002. 
e} Principal Community Secondary School Edeoballa : - 2002 - 2004. 
f} St. Jacob's Parish Orba 2004 - 2009. 
g} St. Michael's Parish Amufie Enugu Ezike: - 2009 - 2012. 
h} Holy Redeemer Parish Nru Nsukka : - 2012 Till date. 
5.  In residence (principal Holy Redeemer College Nru - Nsukka). 
SERVICES IN ENUGU DIOCESE BEFORE STUDIES: 
1. Administrator of Holy Ghost Cathedral Enugu: - 1977 -1978. 
2. Preparation for the proper care of the sick bishop G.M.P. Okoye of blessed memory. 
3. Preparations for the burial arrangements of late bishop G.M.P. Okoye diocesan and national wise. 
4. Helping to hand over the Cathedral and bishop’s house to the incoming Administrator and the 
Monsignor holding brief for the new bishop to take over. 

BOOKS PUBLISHED: 
1) Traditional leadership sample of African democracy among the Igbo of Nigeria: a Christian Evolution. 
Published and printed by Snaap Press Nig. Ltd; 1 Snaap Drive Independence Layout, P.O. BOX 11204,  Enugu.2007. 
2) The catholic Priesthood on the Crossroads. Published by Black Belt Konzult Ltd. 18 Udoji Street P.O. 
BOX 9131, Enugu - Nigeria. 2007. 
3) God in search of humanity in Christ. The shepherd Publication Cath. Diocese of Nsukka. Black Belt 
Konsult Ltd. 18 Udoji Street P.O. BOX 9131, Enugu - Nigeria. 2006. 
4) Our Faith from the Grass Root. Published by Eva Unique Printing and Publishing enterprise, 22 Ogrugu 
Road Nsukka.'1004. 
5) MONSIGNOR RAPHAEL EZE (His faith, Love and Commitment). Published by NDUBEST, 52 Owerri 
Road, Asata, Enugu, Nigeria. 
6) The Air Route To INDIA. Printed by SNAAP PRESS LTD. P.O. BOX 11204 Enugu 2009. 
7) Holiness And Our Renewed Call to it. The shepherd Publication Cath. Diocese of Nsukka Black Belt 
Konsult Ltd, 18 Udoji street P.O. BOX 9131, Enugu - Nigeria 2006. 
8) Priest and the updating of pastoral work Today (St. John Mary Vianney as Example). Published and 
Printed by Snaap Press Nigeria Ltd, 1 Snaap Drive Independent Layout, P.O. BOX 11204, Enugu 
Nigeria. 2011. 
9) FORTY YEARS A PRIEST 1973 - 2013. Published and Printed by; Snaap Press Ltd, 1 Snaap Drive, 
Independence Layout P.O. BOX 11204, Enugu 2014. 
10) Articles and other Seminar write ups cannot be included for lack of space and time. 
I thank my bishop Prof. G.I Onah for giving me the unexpected honour of Msgr. May God bless 
him and give him good health. 

I Thank my Bishop Most Rev. Prof. G.I. Onah for conveying to me the unexpected honour from the 
Holy Father Pope Francis. I thank Bishop Emeritus. F.E.O Okobo for guiding me for years in the art of 
pastoral work. My thanks generally go to all the Parishes that allowed me do the little I could for Christ 
and his Church. My Late Parents inspired me through the Pastoral impact of Late. Msgr. Raphael Eze who 
fished me out and showed me the way to follow. 

I am grateful to my relations, fellow priests from Lejja and my home parish Priest Rev. Fr. Hilary 
Ogbaka along with my parish Priest Rev. Dr. Sonde Okwo and his parishioners of Holy Redeemer Parish Nru-Nsukka. 

I cannot forget Rev.Fr. Celestine Asadu who worked hard for peace in Lejja as a Parish Priest. May God bless him abundantly. 

 Monsignor Dr. George Uchechukwu Dine. 
In Residence, Holy Redeemer Parish Nru - Parish 
Nsukka. 


Monsignor Anthony Ezenta Eze was born to the family of Late Mr. John Eze & Christiana Awoke ofNru, Nsukka on 1st July 1950. He is the fourth of their ten children. He had his primary education at Holy Redeemer Nru, St. Thomas, Ohodo and St. Michael, Ohebe Dim. He obtained his first school leaving certificate from Holy Redeemer School, Nru in 1963.
In January1964, Anthony Eze started his journey to the priesthood when he was admitted into St. Theresa's College,Nsukka as a seminarian. In 1967, this journey was suddenly interrupted by the Nigerian civil war. Towards the end of the war, the journey resumed at All Hallow's Seminary, Onitsha then in exile at Ukpor. After the war, he sat for the London GCE in January 1971.
Soon after sitting for the GCE, he was sent to Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu for philosophical and theological studies. He was ordained a catholic priest on July 8, 1978 at St. Theresa' Catholic Church (now a cathedral) by the Late Bishop Michael Eneja. 
In1985, he was sent to the United State of America for further studies where he obtained a doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology in 1993. During the course of his further studies, he was also trained as a spiritual director.
Since his ordination, Monsignor Eze has held the following pastoral assignments: he was Assistant Parish Priest in St. Patrick Parish, Ogbete from 1978-79; he was Vice Rector of St. John Cross Seminary, Nsukka from 1979-1985. Since he returned from further studies in 1996 he has been a formator at Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu where he is laboring assiduously for the formation of seminarians for the catholic priesthood. He teaches courses in Psychology and Spiritual Theology. He is also a seasoned Spiritual Director. In addition, he does counseling and psychotherapy and conducts seminars and workshops on human formation.

Prepared by Rev. Fr. Virgilus Ozioko


I Rev. Fr. Fidelis John Ede Mama was born on 5th December, 1940 to the family of late Mr. Mama Ugwu and late Madam Nneogbu Mary Ugwu. My Mother was the first wife of what later became a polygamous family with fourteen children. At present only five are living. I am the only surviving child out of five from our own Mother. I hail from Ogwu, a village in Obollo Eke under Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu state. 

I had my primary school Education at St. Theresa's Catholic school Obollo Eke from 1950 to 1957 from where I obtained my First School Leaving Certificate in 1957. I was baptized at St. Theresa's Catholic Church on 5th December 1953 and confirmed on 6th May 1956 at the same place. 

Our Father was an Igbo tradition religionist and a distinguished farmer. He died around 1948. We, his children and our mother embraced farm work very early. It was not easy at that time for parents to train their children beyond primary school. Thus in the year 1958 I was sent to serve a motor spare part dealer from Awka Etiti then living at Benin City. It was by then a very serious and a lucrative trade but my interest was more on education and on living out my Christian faith. I returned back in the year 1959 to continue with my people in farming business still in hope of going back to school. 

In the year 1960 my immediate elder brother, Francis (now late) who was working under Forest Reserve Company came home and took me to Ife where I took up some juvenile work. He later registered my name as an apprentice under a professional photographer in 1963. By the year 1965 I had already become a qualified professional photographer. Due to some political disorder in Nigeria at that period I returned back home again to work with my family in the farm until the outbreak of war in 1967. God took care of us during the war. 
By the year 1965 I became a strong legionary. It was my interest and commitment in legionary work that opened my heart and my eyes to desire to become a Catholic Priest. It was really miraculous, for through prayer and our lady's intervention that opened the way for me to get to the Seminary, immediately after Nigeria Biafra war. 

I took the entrance examination into the Seminary in the year 1971 and was successful. I was admitted into Saint John of the Cross Seminary Nsukka on 25th March, 1972. In this year the members of our class were transferred to Sacred Heart Seminary Nsude to open up the Seminary under Rev. Fr. Augustine Akubue now a professor in education. We became the pioneer students of the Sacred Heart Seminary Nsude. 

The pioneer students of the Sacred Heart Seminary Nsude graduated and were posted back to St. John Cross Seminary Nsukka to begin their class three in 1973. A very terrible shock befell me when I lost my mother on 14th February, 1974. Her death nearly caused my withdrawal from the Seminary. I thank God for His grace that sustained me. May her soul rest in peace. 

I sat for general certificate examination (G.C.E) in 1975/1976 academic year and for West African Certificate Examination (WASC) at st. John Cross Seminary Nsukka in 1977 where I rounded up my secondary school education. With the results I got from these two examinations I was admitted into Bigard Memorial Seminary Ikot-Ekpene on 14th October, 1977. I finished my philosophical studies at Bigard Memorial Seminary Ikot-Ekpene in the year 1980. 

In 1980 I was admitted into Bigard Memorial Seminary Enugu to begin my theological studies. On 17th December, 1981 I was installed a lector and on 18th December, 1982 I was installed an acolyte. I was ordained a deacon of the Holy Roman Catholic Church on 5th December, 1983 at Holy Ghost Cathedral Enugu. 

At the completion of my theological studies in Bigard Memorial Seminary Enugu with a bachelor's degree in theology I was ordained a Catholic Priest by His Lordship Most Rev. Dr. M.U. Eneja on 18th August, 1984. My ordination took place at St. Martin the Poress Parish Church Obollo Eke where I celebrated my first Mass on Sunday 19th August 1984.
After my ordination I was posted to St. Theresa's Parish Abakpa Nike Enugu urban in the same year 1984 as an assistant Priest under Monsignor Raphael Eze. After one year of experience with Monsignor Eze at Abakpa Nike Enugu I was posted to St. Paul's Parish Awkunanaw Enugu urban, under Monsignor Gregory Emehelu. After my curate experience in Awkunanaw in 1985, I was considered mature enough to handle a Parish. Thus I was posted from St. Paul's Parish Awkunanaw to Immaculate heart Parish Aji Enugu Ezike in the year 1986 as a Parish Priest. 

I served as a Parish Priest in Immaculate Heart Parish Aji from 1986 to 1991 when Nsukka Diocese came to birth. I was posted from Aji Enugu Ezike to St. Theresa's Cathedral Parish Nsukka where I already served as a Deacon in the year 1980. Our new Cathedral Parish Apostolate was a great challenge to my faith for beginning a Diocese is not just as sweet as how prophet Ezekiel felt at the taste of the scroll given to him(EzikeI3:1-3). But our God is great and Almighty. May His name be praised both now and forever. Amen 

From St. Theresa's Cathedral I was posted to St. Mary's Parish Enugu Ezike where I served from 1996 to 2003, when I was transferred to St. James Parish Aku in Igbo Etiti Local Government Area. 

I served as the Parish Priest of St. James Parish Aku from 2003 to 2010 when I was posted to St. Patrick's Parish Alor Uno. I was at Alor Uno from 2010 to 2013 when I was posted to St. Peter's Parish Umachi Enugu Ezike from where I am writing this brief profile. 
OTHER PASTORAL ASSIGNMENTS
SIN
YEAR
ASSIGNMENT
1.
1984-1985
-Assistant Priest.


-Chaplain to a school, Orthopedic hospital and Catholic


young men organization
2.
1985-1986
-Assistant Priest


-Chaplain at two schools, to Catholic young men organization


and to Parish charismatic renewal
3.
1986-1991
-Parish Priest.


-Chaplain at four schools


-Director to diocesan Marian year committee


-Secretary Nsukka Deanary council and zonal bronch of


C.A.N.
4.
1991-1996
-Cathedral Administrator


-Dean of Nsukka Deanary


-Chaplain to Diocesan C.M.O and at six schools


-Director to Diocesan Block rosary
5.
1996-2003
-Parish Priest


-Dean


-Chaplain at six schools
6.
2003-2010
-Parish Priest


-Dean


-Chaplain at six schools
7.
2010-2013
-Parish Priest


-Chaplain at two schools
8.
2013 till date
-Parish Priest

HOBBIES: Pastoral work, photography and farming. 
PHILOSOPHY: Unconditional and selfless service to God and Humanity 

GRATITUDE AND CONCLUSION: Great and Wonderful are all Your works Lord God Almighty, just and true are all Your ways King of Nations. May Your Name be blessed both know  and forever and may Your blessings remain always with all You have made the instruments of  Your mercy. Amen. 


Little beginnings are quite often associated with great persons and events in history. So it could be said in the life of Msgr. Sylvester Chukwuma Ugwu, more popularly known as “KOBINA”. He was born into a humble family of Emmanuel and Agnes Ugwu (both of happy memory) of Ihe Obukpa, Nsukka on the 15th day of June 1949. Msgr. Sylvester C. Ugwu began his formal education at St. John's Primary School, Nkalagu Obukpa and St. Michael's Obimo Centre, under the guardianship of Messes Andrew Neze Clement Ugwu (late) and Mr. Fabian Onyima, the earthly father of Rev. Fr. Peter Oyima of Nsukka diocese - equally a relation.
After his primary education and already nurturing the initial desire for the priesthood of Christ, Msgr. Sylvester proceeded to St. Theresa's College Nsukka, where he was then admitted as a seminarian from 1965-1967, under the rectorship of Rev. Frs. D. F. Mahamhon  (Cssp) and J. White Cssp.
Then came the ill wind of the Nigeria civil war in 1967 which for a while disrupted the course of studies for the young students. In March 1968 however, Msgr Sylvester and colleagues moved over to St. Peter Claver's Minor Seminary Okpala (Ngwa) where he continued his training this time, under the rectorship of Fr. Dahoney and the tutelage of Fr. Murray. With the on-ongoing civil strife in the country still ravaging, young Sylvester and his colleagues had to move again to All Hallows Seminary where they took refuge at St. Paul's Umunuko Ukpor in the later part of 1968. It was here at Ukpor that young Sylvester acquired the stage-name “KOBINA” after a wonderful performance in the play titled “Man of Character” in a drama book 'THIS IS OUR CHANCE', scripted by a Ghanaian author. Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Otteh (who later became a Bishop) was at the helm of affairs as the Rector of All Hallows Seminary. It was Fr. Otteh, who popuplarized the stage name “KOBINA” so that his original name Sylvester went to the back ground so much to the point of near extinction. This situation has lingered on even till today, so that many friends and associates know him much better as KOBINA than his original name Sylvester.
At the end of the Civil War in 1970, his Seminary ground at Onitsha once again moved from Ukpor back to the All Hallows Seminary ground at Onitsha. Here at All Hallows, the young Sylvester crash-programmed and sat for the GCE London examination and came out in flying colours. At this point, Sylvester had a taste of apostolic work experience as he was sent to St. Mary's Parish Iva Valley under Msgr. Raphael Eze (Late) from the month of January to October 1971. On completion of this assignment Sylvester proceeded to Bigard Seminary Enugu that same month of October 1971 for his Philosophical studies. This he finished successfully in 1974 and then went on probation to Sacred Heart Nsude where he served in many capacities as Vice Rector, a tutor in Latin, English Language and French, Liturgy Master etc.
At the inception of the academic year 1975/1976, Sylvester went back again to Bigard Memorial Seminary, this time around for his theological studies. Within this period, he was installed into the ecclesiastical Ministries of a lector on 6th July 1976 by Late Most Rev. GMP Okoye CSSP; and Acolyte on April 8th 1978 by late Most Rev. M.U Eneja; all at the Holy Ghost Cathedral Enugu. Eight months later, on the 16th December 1978 at the same Holy Ghost Cathedral, he was ordained a Deacon by Late Bishop M.U Eneja. The peak of his journey to the priesthood came when seven months later, at Nkalagu Obukpa, his home town and birth place, precisely on the 29th July 1979, Rev. Sylvester C. Ugwu was ordained a Catholic Priest in the order of Melchzdek, second indigenous Priest from Obukpa town and the first from Nkalagu Obukpa. The town was agog with great jubilation; their joy knew no bounds - Thanks  to the saintly late Bishop Michael U. Eneja who accepted the request to ordain Rev. Sylvester in his home town and place of birth.
APOSTOLIC EXPERIENCES AS A SEMINARIAN
- St. Mary's parish Iva Valley Enugu = 1971
- St. Francis Parish Ovoko Nsukka = 1972
- St. Mary's Nimbo Nsukka = 1973
- Sacred Heart Parish Uwani Enugu = 1974
- Sacred Heart Seminary Nsude = 1975
- St. John's Parish Affa Uda = 1975
- St. Mary's Parish Parish Ngwo Enugu = 1976
- St. Michael's Parish Ozubulu Onitsha Archdiocese = 1977
- Catholic Secretariat Enugu = 1978
PRIESTLY MINISTRY
Since his priestly ordination, Msgr. Sylvester exercised his priestly ministry in many parishes and institutions including the following:-
- Vice Rector –Sacred Heart Seminary Nsude 1979-1982
- Parish Priest  = Immaculate Heart Parish Aji 1983-1985
- On Sick Leave = St. Patrick's Ogbete Enugu 1986
- Parish Priest Sacred Heart Akpugo 1987-1989
- Parish Priest St. Patrick's Obollo Afor 1989-1993
- Hospitalized/Convalescence 1994-1996
- Parish Priest St. Paul's Parish, Ede Oballa 1997-2001
- Parish Priest: Ascension Parish, Iheakpu Awka 2002-2007
- Parish Priest/Dean –St. Mary's Ibagwa-Aka &
Ibagwa aka Deanery Simultaneously 2007-2008
- Parish Priest St. Patrick's Parish, Isiugwu Engu-Ezike   2009-2012
- Parish Priest St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, Onicha
Enugu Ezike 2013 till date

ALLIED ASSIGNMENTS
1. Executive Secretary Bigard 79 Priest 
Association = 1998 till date
2. Executive Secretary ANIMAEE Nsukka
Diocesan Chapter = 2001-2006
3. Executive Secretary: ANIMAEE
Inter provincial Owerri/Onitsha
 Archdiocesan Chapter = 2001-2007
 OTHER FUNCTIONS/APPOINTMENTS:
1. Diocesan Chaplain,  League of the Sacred Heart = 2005 -2010
2. Diocesan Chaplain: Blue Army of our Lady (WAF) 2010 till date

Fr. Sylvester C. Ugwu celebrated the Silver Jubilee on his Priestly ordination on the 31st July 2004, a milestone indeed in his life and priestly ministry. Significantly again, this year 2016, precisely on March 7th His Holiness Pope Francis, conferred on Fr. Sylvester a Papal honour of Chaplain of His Holiness, another milestone in his life and ministry as a Catholic Priest. Today, the 25th Day of June 2016, the Catholic Diocese of Nsukka is agog with joy and tremendous jubilation as she celebrates the investiture ceremony of Msgr. Sylvester C. Ugwu and six other colleagues and recipients of this well-deserved honour.

Congratulations dear Msgr. Sylvester! Surely the protecting hand of the Lord has always been with you to shield you from harm “The Lord says: Surely I know the Plan I have for you; plans for your welfare and not harm, to give you a future with hope” (Jer. 29:11.) May He therefore continue to support you as He has always done in the course of your life and ministry. May our blessed Mother Mary, Queen of Apostles and Mother of Priests continue to remain a powerful intercessor for you. Once more congratulations AD MULTOS ANNOS!!!

Rev. Fr. Alexander I. Ezeh


Msgr. Donatus Emeka Ogudo was born a little over sixty seven years ago to the family of Nna Di Ebube Raphael Ekekwe Ogudo (of blessed memory) and Ezinne Juliana Alice Ogudo of Eziokwu village, Ozuakoli Urualla in Ideato L.G.A of Imo State.

He did his Primary School Education at Urualla (St. Michael's), Arondizuogu (St. Joseph's and St. Philip's); his secondary School studies at Holy Cross High School, Umuawulu-Mbaukwu Awka (1962-1967). He had his senior Seminary formation at Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu, where he was ordained to the Catholic priesthood by the then Catholic Bishop of Enugu, Most Rev. Dr. G. M. P. Okoye, CSSP (of blessed memory) in his home town Urulla on 13th April, 1975.
His post-priestly ordination pastoral experience included the post of Diocesan Secretary, Enugu Catholic Diocese under his then bishop, Most Rev. Dr. G.M.P Okoye, CSSP; and to such parishes as Aji (Immaculate Heart), Iwollo (Sacred Heart) Ede Oballa (St. Paul's), Adani (C.K.C), Ukehe  (St. Peter's) and Amufie (St. Michael's).

His post-priestly academic sojourn took him principally to parts of Europe - especially Rome and other parts of Italy, Germany, Austria, and the U.S.A, where, along with other academic laurels, bagged a doctorate degree in Sacred Liturgy. Currently, he is Master of Ceremony and Lecturer in Sacred Liturgy in his alma mater, Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu.

His hobbies include Travelling, Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Story Telling, with his Motto as: Love Towards All, Malice Towards None.

He derives maximum happiness and satisfaction from his priestly assignment and lays much stress on his socialization and interaction with his fellow priest-confreres, in his firm conviction of his now famous dictum that The Visit of a priest to a fellow priest is nothing short of being a 'sacrament'. By so doing, he argues forcefully that Genuine Priestly Solidarity Among Fellow Priests Is A Theological Imperative.




No comments:

Post a Comment